TURTLE ISLAND – PORT CURTIS $5.5M This is the 23.25 acre Island that Julia Roberts missed out on owning prior to the current owners purchasing the Island 10 years ago. This truly is a private Island fit for a movie star or recluse celebrity. This home is perched high up on one of the handful of fully freehold private Islands on our magnificent Queensland Coast. This luxurious and spacious themed Australian designed home looks towards the east over the surrounding Islands and beyond to the Great Barrier Reef, with Lady Musgrave, Lady Elliot and Heron Island coral cays less than an hour from your own private jetty. This sensational home has its own guest wing with three separate fully private bedrooms, which are more like a high quality resort room with their own lounge, bathroom and TV plus veranda, with views and perfect idyllic in-ground pool at their doorstep. The main house has one of the largest kitchens that I have seen, with enough cooking and preparation area that could cater for the biggest celebrity party or just enough for that hungry family. There are various levels of temperate fridges, one for the Champagne or Beer, the other for your general goods and then there’s the freezer for all the ice and other frozen goods. You could conceivably live there for months without restocking as the home has a pantry and goods store that is as big as a domestic bedroom. The lounge and family area has high ceilings with handpicked wooden floors and large multi opening doors to allow the light breeze to filter through whilst gazing over the vast blue water. There are other large entertaining rooms within the main house the pool room and the music room. The main bedroom is gracious in its appearance and fixtures with a large modern bathroom and a spacious walk-in robe. The bedroom again looks out over the tropical gardens and out to the blue abyss. Surrounding the eastern side of this opulent home is a wide veranda that has enough room for the largest outside furniture and BBQ. The views again from this long wide timber verandah are picture postcard quality. The in-ground pool is situated near the guest wing end and overlooks the ocean. This is the perfect place to wallow in whilst sipping cocktails and watching the moon rise and sunset. The grounds have been meticulously planned and irrigated by both waste treated water and fresh water. They have a tropical theme. INCLUSIONS:
- The property has 15 huge fresh water tanks all interconnected and two dams; enough to keep the largest family or guest clean or water this tropical wonderland. The home is kept bright and functional through a series of solar panel collectors and supplemented with a powerful diesel generator. All appliances and fixtures including lighting are at mainland voltage and the system is set up to ensure all the appliances are run at optimum levels utilising alternate energy at its maximum potential.
- There is a large interconnected colour bond shed(s) which house and control the watering and electrical system, as well as provide an area for the tractor ride-ons and the fun toys such as inflatables, motor bikes, etc.
- 23.25 acre Freehold Island Property
- 4 Bedroom, 5 bathroom mansion
- Tropical Botantical Gardens
- Inground Pool, private jetty and helipad
- Perfect for a getaway or B&B (Subject to council approvals.
Please call or email me for further information or more photos. Richard Vanhoff 0415 107 515 or email email@example.com